Sunday 14 September 2014

DIY Vans Inspired Shoes!

Hi guys!Good to be back on track!I'm on my holidays for a week! :) I also just came back from a trip to Kuala Selangor.It was a really nice trip.Okay.Now onto the actual blog post!I had an old shoe that was really worn out and I don't wear them anymore.So,I thought why not jazz it up.A DIY shoe repaint!




This was the actual shoe without anything done.As you can tell they are really worn out.


First step:
I went out and bought some paint and also a brush.

I got a tempera paste.I'm not sure if this is meant to be used like that but I guess it works.You can also use acrylic paint if you want.
I then took out the shoe lace and put them in the wash.

Second step:
You need to cover the white rubber bit of the shoe.Basically the sides of it so that you won't get paint on it.I just covered that with some tape.


Third step:
Then you can start to paint.I chose black but you can totally use any colour you'd like.I went and painted one coat and then found that it wasn't fully covered yet,so I painted two coats in total.
It is okay if you still get paint on the rubber part because if you do you can wipe them of with nail polish remover!(quick little tip)




Fourth step:
Once you're satisfied with what you painted then you can pull out the tape.Then I took the clean washed shoe laces and put them on the shoe.And now you're done! :)




I started wearing them a lot after painting them.It is such a fun,easy and useful DIY.I hope you guys find this useful as well!


Love,Nikki.

No comments:

Post a Comment