Friday 4 December 2015

Nightstand DIYs and Organizing Ideas!

Hey guys!I'm really happy to be finally back.I have a ton of blog post ideas floating around my mind and not to mention some are festive ones.I can't wait until I shoot and write them down here on my blog.


But for now,I have these 2 really easy & cute ideas to decorate and organize your nightstand.



I love decorating my nightstand because it is the first thing you see in the morning when you wake up and also something you see before you go to bed.But I tend to get bored of my nightstand after a short period of time hence why I'm always on the lookout for nightstand decorating ideas.



Today I have two ideas one of them is a decorating idea and the other is a organizing idea.


  • Decorating with a picture frame.



This how my night stand looks once I was done.For the first DIY I am going to show you how to decorate with a picture frame.This is really self explanatory but I thought this was a really good idea.



First, you want to pop the little backing of the picture frame and place it on top of your paper.Then,using it as a stencil you want to cut the paper according to the backing.



So you get the perfect size.Then you can get creative with it you can draw,paint,write or stick on the paper.I wanted mine to be simple but meaningful so I went ahead and wrote a quote/saying that I see on the internet all the time.I used my marker and wrote 'Do what you LOVE'.








Once you have a desired design,pattern or words,you can now pop the paper and the backing back to the frame.Just like how you would put a picture in a picture frame.And you're all done!



  • Organizing with a tray/picture frame.


This idea was inspired by pictures I saw on the internet and I thought this idea was so smart because it's easy,inexpensive but really cute!I actually found that it made my nightstand super organize.Not to mention it looks really tumblr as well.What else could you ask for?

Though I am aware that this is not a DIY it's just an idea for organizing little things laying around.

But basically what you need to do is find a tray or you could use a picture frame like I did.It worked really well.Grab your tray and place little things that are laying around on your nightstand.You could also do this on your coffee table.There's numerous things you could put in the trays.Example,magazines(with a bigger tray obvi),nail polishes,lipbalms,candles,etc.etc.



As for mine,I had a small picture frame because I have quite a small nightstand.I have a lipbalm,a nail polish and a candle in my tray.

But that is it for today's post.I personally love these DIY and organizing ideas a lot.I feel like my nightstand is really sleek and clean now and I hope you guys would try these out too.



Love,Nikki. x

No comments:

Post a Comment